Top Ten Reasons Ventura is the Place for Me
1. The sunshine has given me energy that I have not felt in years. My 39 year old bones did not thrive in the wet, cold environment of Portland, Oregon. (Even though Portland is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.)
2. My dog loves the sun on her 12 year old back. She literally smiles when she is outside in the yard. It makes me happy that she is happy.
3. I had conversations with strangers in the grocery store and they were smiling and laughing with me.
4. There are taco stands EVERY WHERE!
5. I get to cook for my roommates and I LOVE cooking!
6. There is a beach here and I am going to take my dog for a walk on it. I can’t wait!
7. Yoga in the park was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced — well, it was the most amazing yoga I ever experienced.
8. More people ride their bicycles here in the winter than they do in Portland.
9. I can garden every day and my plants will grow because of the sunshine and warm weather.
10. Did I mention the taco stands? Tacos make me happy!